Simply Guyana permits users to add numerous kinds of content, including business listings, reviews, photos, events, private messages, and more. We are convinced that people will be kind in their reviews and comments however; we insist you read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: Multicolored language and descriptions are fine, but please restrain from threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of prejudice. Submissions of this nature will be deleted without the consent of the user and users may be banned for continued acts of this nature.
- Promotional content: Unless you’re using your Business Owners Account to add content to your business’s profile page, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let’s keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Privacy: Please refrain from announcing other people’s private information. While some businesses may be identified by the people behind them (e.g., car dealerships, dentists, etc.), you should generally avoid posting other people’s full names, personal phone numbers and email addresses — and do not upload close-ups of other people without their permission.
- Intellectual property: Don’t steal content from other sites or users. Please write your own reviews with your own experiences.
- We believe the greatest reviews are adoring and personal. They submit a prosperous narrative, an abundance of detail, and a helpful tip or two for other consumers. Here are some additional thoughts for assiduous reviewers.
- Personal experience: Consumers want to hear about your firsthand experience with the business or entity you are reviewing, not what you heard from a co-worker or significant other. Give your own account without resorting to broad generalizations and allegations.
- Accuracy: Give a review that is literally correct. Air your opinions freely, but don’t exaggerate or misrepresent your encounter. Simply Guyana do not take sides on factual disputes, so we expect you to support and stand behind your review.
- Conflicts of interest: Please review unbiased and objectively. For example, businesses and their employees should not write reviews about themselves or their competitors. They are however free to add a listing of themselves.
- Review updates: Review updates should reproduce a new encounter or interaction with the business. Please do not tell the same old story you’ve already told.
As it is often said, a picture is worth a thousand words. You can upload photos to your personal account and any business listing. The best business photos reflect the typical consumer experience (e.g., what the business looks like, what the business offers, etc.). Photos and captions that reflect your personal experience are better uploaded to your personal account.
User Profile Guidelines
- We encourage you to use your account profile to let people know who you are and what makes you tick. Please avoid being completely anonymous and hidden. Users want to read reviews from people they know and trust (not those with profiles that are empty or laced with tasteless content).
- After much debate we agreed to allow adding events. Have you heard of a great event in Guyana; feel free to post it to the Events category. Please don’t use Events to post your recurring promotional announcements and sales. We also like to keep the content fresh, so please don’t post events more than 6 months in advance.
Public Comment Guidelines (for Business Owners)
- The private messaging feature is over and over again the best approach to resolve a dispute with an unhappy consumer, but business owners can also address issues publicly by posting a public comment on a review. However, do not use public comments to launch personal attacks, advertise, or offer an incentive to change a review.